Technical drawings are a graphic representation of the real world or planned structures and buildings. It is an essential tool for communication between designers and developers by explaining complex systems and ideas.
Engineering drawings will vary to artistic or even architectural drawings. Artistic drawings express emotions and creative architectural drawings aim to plan spaces for ease and comfort of use. An architect will deal with building presentation and aesthetics, how the building fits into the surroundings to be pleasing for the eye.
Contrary to artistic drawings, structural engineering drawing deals with scientific and objective problems. Technical drawing aims to present a solution to the technical problem with clarity, leaving no space for ambiguity. To keep the high-quality of our drafts in Clear Engineering Solutions Ltd we use the most recognised in the UK drafting standards under BS8888-2017.
For every project we sketch a set of high-quality design CAD drawings to include:
- All critical dimensions with tolerances (Δ+/-)
- Steel profile sizes
- Steel and timber connection details
- Masonry details
- Applicable side notes
- Customised notes for contractor
- Scales and perspectives
- We ususally use 1:50 scale for plan view
- 1:20 for section view
- 1:10 for steel and timber connection detials
- Details of the Client, Architect, Contractor
- All drawings are in metric system (milimiters, meters, kilometers)